Parents and Citizens AssociationHollywood Primary School
Hollywood Primary School is supported by an active P&C, comprising parents who work together to support the school and learning environment.
What does the P&C Do?
- Runs the School Canteen
- Operates the Uniform Shop
- Manages the School Pool
- Runs a number of fundraising events during the year
- Organises community-building events during the year (for example School Disco and Dads and Kids Campout)
- Produces the Treetops Yearbook
Who can be in the P&C?
Any parent can be a member of the P&C. You don’t even have to join the P&C to come along to the P&C meetings twice a term – parents are welcome to just come and listen to recent developments.
Events and Fundraising
Where does the P&C get its funding?
The P&C raises funds via a voluntary contribution request of $100 per student at the beginning of the year. We also run a number of fundraising events during the year. We value every donation and fundraising effort and make sure that every dollar we receive works hard to make this a wonderful school.
What does the P&C fund?
The P&C funds activities that support the learning environment and the wellbeing of our students. The priorities are decided at P&C meetings, with some guidance from School Council and the Principal. An example of funding provided in 2014:
- Book awards for celebration night ($925)
- Whole school subscription to Mathletics ($2,940)
- Kindy resources ($1,260)
- Pre-primary resources ($2,000)
- Reading boxes for classrooms ($4,000)
- Music resources ($2,000)
- Library funding ($3,000)
- New school website (being developed) ($4,500)
- Band Camp ($2,500)
- Safety House campaign ($155)
- Pool change rooms upgrade (works not yet commenced) ($15,000 from Building Fund and $5,000 from General Fund)
When does the P&C meet?
P&C Meetings take place on Wednesday evenings at 7.15pm in week 3 and 7 of each term in the school library. These meetings are marked on the term calendar and we will give you plenty of notice for forthcoming meetings.